Tusmore is a settlement about 5 1⁄2 miles (9 km) north of Bicester in Oxfordshire. It is the location of the Tusmore Park country house and estate. Tusmore is one of the villages in the civil parish of Hardwick with Tusmore which was formed in 1932. Previously, Tusmore was a separate civil parish.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Tusmore from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Tusmore, Oxfordshire. Includes a summary of the owners of the parish manors. One family, the Fermors were recusants. Tusmore House has been rebuilt, possibly more than once. The catholic church at Tusmore is known as Hethe Chapel.