Tuckingmill (Cornish: Talgarrek, meaning "hill-brow of a rock") is a village in Cornwall, England.
The [ecclesiastical] parish of Tuckingmill was constituted in 1845 and it covers 1,300 acres (5.3 km2). It was carved out of a western section of the parish of Illogan and an easterly section of Camborne parish. Tucking Mill (Cornish: Melyn Droghya, from the verb troghya) was the Cornish term for a fulling mill which was where homespun cloth was dipped, cleansed and dressed. There is a mention of a fulling mill in this region as early as 1250. During the nineteenth century Tuckingmill was at the heart of Cornish [mining] industry.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.