Place:Tritlington, Northumberland, England

Watchers
NameTritlington
TypeTownship, Civil parish
Coordinates55.228°N 1.679°W
Located inNorthumberland, England
See alsoBothal, Northumberland, Englandancient parish in which it was a township
Hebron, Northumberland, Englandancient parish in which it was a township
Morpeth Ward, Northumberland, Englandancient county division in which it was located
Causey Park, Northumberland, Englandcivil parish which it absorbed in 1955
Earsdon, Northumberland, Englandcivil parish which it absorbed in 1955
Earsdon Forest, Northumberland, Englandcivil parish which it absorbed in 1955
Fenrother, Northumberland, Englandcivil parish which it absorbed in 1955
source: Family History Library Catalog

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Tritlington from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"TRITLINGTON, a township in Hebburn [Hebron] parish, Northumberland; 4¼ miles N of Morpeth. Acres: 1,200. Population: 142. Houses: 27."

Tritlington became a civil parish in 1866, having been a township in either Hebron ancient parish or Bothal ancient parish (sources differ). In 1955 it absorbed the surrounding civil parishes of Causey Park, Earsdon, Earsdon Forest and Fenrother.


Research Tips

  • Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.