Treverbyn is a civil parish and village in the middle of Cornwall, England.
The church of St Peter is modern as the medieval chapel was closed at the time of the Reformation. The parish was formed from part of St. Austell [ecclesiastical] parish in 1847. Treverbyn parish includes the villages of Treverbyn, Stenalees, Penwithick, Bugle (the largest of these), Rescorla, Kerrow Moor, Carthew, Ruddlemoor, Bowling Green, Resugga Green, Scredda and parts of Trethurgy.
The area was once the site of tin and copper mines but during the 19th century extensive china clay works were established including one of the largest at Carclaze.
Treverbyn is not listed in A Vision of Britain through Time as one of the civil parishes of St. Austell Rural District. However, this map indicates that the area was part of the civil parish of St. Austell Rural Parish within the rural district. St. Austell Rural Parish was absorbed into St. Austell Urban District in 1934. Following the municipal reorganization of Cornwall of 1974, it was again made a civil parish.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.