|Name||Toyd Farm with Allenford|
|Alt names||Toyd-Farm-With-Allenford||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Type||Extra parochial area, Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England (1895 - )|
|Also located in||Wiltshire, England ( - 1895)|
|See also||Damerham Hundred, Wiltshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Fordingbridge Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Martin, Hampshire, England||parish into which it was absorbed in 1932|
|New Forest District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Toyd Farm with Allenford from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "TOYD-FARM-WITH-ALLENFORD, an extra-parochial tract in the S of Wilts; 8 ½ miles SW of Salisbury. Population: 12. Houses: 2."
Like Martin, Toyd Farm was in Wiltshire until 1895.
The only additional information from the Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4 is its acreage of 647 acres. There is no article in Wikipedia.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on Martin where there is one reference to Toyd Farm with Allenford.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Toyd Farm with Allenford, Hampshire, England | Damerham Hundred, Wiltshire, England | Fordingbridge Rural, Hampshire, England | Martin, Hampshire, England | New Forest District, Hampshire, England