- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Tivetshall St. Margaret is a village and civil parish in Norfolk, England. It covers an area of 1,700 acres (690 ha) and had a population of 266 in 104 households at the 2001 UK census, increasing to 295 at the 2011 UK census.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Tivetshall St. Margaret and Tivetshall St. Mary from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "TIVETSHALL-ST. MARGARET and [TIVETSHALL]-ST. MARY, two parishes, with two villages, in Depwade [registration] district, Norfolk; on the Eastern Union railway, adjacent to the junction of the Waveney Valley line, 5 and 4½ miles NNE of Diss. They have a station with telegraph at the [railway] junction, and a post-office under Scole. Acres: 1,668 and 1,125. Real property: £3,324 and £2,354. Population: 375 and 362. Houses: 82 and 75. Much of the land belongs to Lord Orford; and much, together with large artificial manure-works, belongs to A. P. Pashley, Esq. The livings are conjoint rectories in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £760. Patron: Lord Orford. The churches are good; and there are a Quakers' chapel, and charities £34."
Tivetshall-St. Margaret and Tivetshall-St. Mary appear to have remained two separate parishes right up to the present day.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Tivetshall-St. Margaret. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901