Tincleton is a village and civil parish in the county of Dorset in southern England. It is situated on the River Frome in the West Dorset administrative district, about east of the county town Dorchester. The name of the village comes from "Tin la Ton", or "farm in a valley". In 2001 Tincleton had a population of 142. In the 2011 Census the combined population of the parishes of Tincleton and neighbouring Woodsford was recorded as 236.
The parish manor house, Clyffe House, was rebuilt in the Tudor style in 1842 by Benjamin Ferrey. In 1849 the parish church, which is dedicated to St John the Evangelist, was also built by Ferrey, in a 13th-century style. It replaced an earlier church to the south which was demolished when Ferrey's building was finished.