|Alt names||Timbreberie||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 125|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Kings Somborne Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Romsey Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Michelmersh, Hampshire, England||parish into which it was absorbed in 1932|
|Test Valley District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Timsbury is a village and civil parish located in Hampshire, England, near the town of Romsey. It lies mainly along the A3057 road running north from Romsey towards Stockbridge, and shares a boundary with the village of Michelmersh. It has a population of approximately 400.
From 1894 until 1932 Timsbury was part of the Romsey Rural District. In 1932 Timsbury merged with Michelmersh under the name Michelmersh and the joint parish became part of the newly formed Romsey and Stockbridge Rural District. Since the advent of the Test Valley District in 1974 the parish has been renamed Michelmersh and Timsbury.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on Timsbury.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Timsbury, Hampshire, England | Kings Somborne Hundred, Hampshire, England | Romsey Rural, Hampshire, England | Michelmersh, Hampshire, England | Test Valley District, Hampshire, England