Tilton on the Hill is a village and civil parish in the Harborough district of Leicestershire. It lies 2 miles north of the A47, on the B6047 to Melton Mowbray. Halstead civil parish was merged with Tilton in 1935, while the deserted medieval village of Whatborough was merged in 1994. Marefield remains a separate civil parish, but is part of the Tilton Electoral Ward. St Peter's Tilton, the Parish Church is in the parish of Halstead, as is the vicarage.
Tilton on the Hill is one of the highest places in East Leicestershire at above sea level, with the Mill House standing at the highest point. Whatborough is the highest summit in the eastern half of the county. The centre of the village was designated a Conservation Area in 1975, with the boundaries updated in 1994 and 2005.
In 2009, the village was named as the "Best Village in Leicestershire" in the Calor Village of the Year competition and also won Calor "Sustainability Village of the Year" for the Midlands.
Tilton is represented in cricket by Tilton and Lowesby CC. Rob Welsh is currently the captain.