- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
NOTE: There is another Tibberton in Worcestershire and yet another in Shropshire.
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Tibberton is located 5 miles (8.0 km) from Gloucester and 5 miles from Newent. The current population of Tibberton is approximately 650. Tibberton is a parish of 1,406 acres (5.69 km2) in an area with 248 households.
From 1894 until 1974 Tibberton was in Newent Rural District. Since 1974 it has been part of the Forest of Dean District.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
- Unfortunately, A History of the County of Gloucester in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online does not cover this part of the county
- There is a brief reference to Tibberton in the Victoria County History.