- source: Family History Library Catalog
John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-1872) described Thorpe le Willows like this:
- "THORPE-LE-WILLOWS, a township in Kilburn parish, [North Riding of] Yorkshire; 5½ miles NE of Easingwold. Population: 24. Houses: 4." (Source: A Vision of Britain through Time)
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Thorpe-le-Willows was part of Helmsley Rural District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Kilburn in the Birdforth Wapentake.
- GENUKI on Thorpe-le-Willows.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Thorpe-le-Willows.
- No map was found showing Thorpe-le-Willows. It should be approximately where a line north from Easingwold crosses a line west from Helmsely.