|Name||Thornton le Moor|
|Alt names||Thornton-le-Moor||source: spelling variation|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||North Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Yorkshire, England |
|North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||North Otterington, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||ancient parish of which it was part|
|Birdforth Wapentake, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
|Thirsk Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district in which it was situated 1894-1974|
|Hambleton District, North Yorkshire, England||administrative district covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Thornton le Moor is a village and civil parish in the Hambleton District of North Yorkshire, England situated equidistantly between the towns of Thirsk and Northallerton.
- end of Wikipedia contribution
Thornton le Moor was originally a township in the ancient parish of North Otterington in the Birdforth Wapentake of the North Riding of Yorkshire. Thornton le Moor was made a civil parish in 1866 and in 1894 it became part of the Thirsk Rural District.
Since 1974 Thornton le Moor has been in North Yorkshire, specifically within the Hambleton District.
Categories: North Riding of Yorkshire, England | Thornton le Moor, North Riding of Yorkshire, England | North Otterington, North Riding of Yorkshire, England | Birdforth Wapentake, North Riding of Yorkshire, England | Thirsk Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, England | Hambleton District, North Yorkshire, England | North Yorkshire, England