- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Thorngrafton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "THORNGRAFTON, a township in Haltwhistle parish, Northumberland; on the Roman wall, 4¼ miles ENE of Haltwhistle. Acres: 3,103. Population: 321. Houses: 64."
Thorngrafton was a township in the ancient parish of Haltwhistle and became a separate civil parish in 1866. In 1955 it was abolished as a civil parish and the area was absorbed along with Ridley by the new civil parish of Bardon Mill.
There is no article in Wikipedia.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.