|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||North Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|Yorkshire, England |
|See also||Bedale Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1974|
|Hambleton District, North Yorkshire, England||municipal district of which it has been a part since 1974|
|Halikeld Wapentake, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Thirn is a village and civil parish in the Hambleton district of North Yorkshire, England. It is situated close to the River Ure, about three miles south-west of Bedale.
There is a former Wesleyan Chapel and a former Public House (The Boot & Shoe).
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Thirn was part of Bedale Rural District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Burneston in the wapentake of Halikeld.