|Alt names||Theakstone||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||North Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|Yorkshire, England |
|See also||Bedale Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1974|
|Hambleton District, North Yorkshire, England||municipal district of which it has been a part since 1974|
|Halikeld Wapentake, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Theakston is a village and civil parish in the Hambleton district of North Yorkshire, England. The village is situated just west of the A1 road, and is about three miles south-east of Bedale.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Theakston, North Yorkshire.
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Theakston was part of Bedale Rural District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Burneston in the wapentake of Halikeld.