|Type||Chapelry, Civil parish|
|Located in||Oxfordshire, England|
|See also||Thame Hundred, Oxfordshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Thame Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Bullingdon Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1932-1974|
|South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Tetsworth is a village and civil parish in the South Oxfordshire District of Oxfordshire, England, about 3 miles (5 km) south of Thame.
Between 1894 and 1932 it was part of Thame Rural District and, between 1932 and 1974, part of Bullingdon Rural District. It is now located in the South Oxfordshire District. (Source: A Vision of Britain through Time)
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Tetsworth from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "TETSWORTH, a parish, with a village, in Thame [registration] district, Oxford; 3 miles SSW of Thame [railway] station. It has a head post-office, and a hotel; and it carries on a manufacture of pillow lace. Acres: 1,172. Real property: £2,827. Population: 481. Houses: 108. The manor belongs to Miss Weston. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value: £130. Patrons: Trustees. The church was recently rebuilt. There are an Independent chapel and a national school."
Wikipedia expands on the history of Tetsworth starting with the Domesday Book of 1086.
Categories: Oxfordshire, England | Tetsworth, Oxfordshire, England | Thame Hundred, Oxfordshire, England | Thame Rural, Oxfordshire, England | Bullingdon Rural, Oxfordshire, England | South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, England