Terling (pronounced Ter-ling or Tar-ling) is a village in the county of [[Place:Essex, England|Essex, England, between the town of Witham and the villages of Great Leighs and Hatfield Peverel. The village was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. In 1991 Terling had a population of 741.
Terling has an Anglican church dedicated to All Saints; the body of the church is medieval, restored in the 19th century, while the brick-built tower dates from 1732. The village's single public house, now closed, was called the Rayleigh Arms, Lord Rayleigh being the title of the head of the Strutt baronage who live in the manor house, Terling Place. The village comprises two main areas, Terling and Gambles Green.