Place:Tendring, Essex, England

Alt namesTenderingasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 105
Tenderingesource: Domesday Book (1985) p 105
TypeCivil parish
Coordinates51.883°N 1.117°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoTendring Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1974
Tendring (district), Essex, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Tendring is the eponymous village and civil parish of the Tendring district of Essex — and before that of the Tendring Hundred. It gave its name to the larger groupings because it was at the centre, not because it was significantly larger than any of the other settlements. The linear village straddles the B1035 connecting Manningtree with Thorpe-le-Soken.

The parish includes the settlements of Goose Green, Tendring Green and Tendring Heath. The church is dedicated to St Edmund. The Tendring Union Workhouse was located at Tendring Heath.

The parish was part of the Tendring Rural District from 1894 until 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Tendring District of Essex.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Tendring. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.