The extraparochial areas were made one civil parish with the full name Temple Bruer with Temple High Grange in 1858. The parish was part of Sleaford Rural District from 1894 till 1931, and then part of East Kesteven Rural District from 1931 until 1974. It is now part of the North Kesteven District in Lincolnshire, but under the administration of the neighbouring parish of Ashby de la Launde and Bloxholme. (It may no longer be inhabited.)
Temple Bruer is one of the few Knights Templar sites left in England where any ruins remain standing. It was founded in the period 1150 to 1160 and the order was dissolved in 1312.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Temple Bruer.
Lincolnshire is very low-lying and land had to be drained for agriculture to be successful. The larger drainage channels, many of which are parallel to each other, became boundaries between parishes. Many parishes are long and thin for this reason.
There is much fenland in Lincolnshire, particularly in the Boston and Horncastle areas. Fenlands tended to be extraparochial before the mid 1850s, and although many sections were identified with names and given the title "civil parish", little information has been found about them. Many appear to be abolished in 1906, but the parish which adopts them is not given in A Vision of Britain through Time. Note the WR category Lincolnshire Fenland Settlements which is an attempt to organize them into one list.
From 1889 until 1974 Lincolnshire was divided into three administrative counties: Parts of Holland, Parts of Kesteven and Parts of Lindsey. These formal names do not fit with modern grammatical usage, but that is what they were, nonetheless. In 1974 the northern section of Lindsey, along with the East Riding of Yorkshire, became the short-lived county of Humberside. In 1996 Humberside was abolished and the area previously in Lincolnshire was made into the two "unitary authorities" of North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire. The remainder of Lincolnshire was divided into "non-metropolitan districts" or "district municipalities" in 1974. Towns, villages and parishes are all listed under Lincolnshire, but the present-day districts are also given so that places in this large county can more easily be located and linked to their wider neighbourhoods. See the WR placepage Lincolnshire, England and the smaller divisions for further explanation.