Place:Tannachy, Moray, Scotland


Alt namesTannguwhies
Coordinates57.62304°N 3.63222°W
Located inMoray, Scotland

Invererne, previously Tannachy, is an estate near Forres in Moray, Scotland. It was purchased from the nearby Abbey of Kinloss in 1574 by Robert Tulloch, who became the first Laird of Tannachy. The seventh Laird, Alexander Tulloch, sold the estate in 1772 to Alexander Urquhart for £101 18s 1d. (approx £1.8m in 2010)

It was sold in 1817 to General William Grant who built what is now called "invererne House", a category A listed building. After his death in 1832 the estate was sold to Colonel Peter Grant who married Mary Anne Peterkin of Grange, taking the name Grant Peterkin. The name of the property was changed from Tannachy to Invererne by 1834. [1]

It was shown on this map of Western Moray in 1590.