Swinton is a village and civil parish in the Ryedale district of North Yorkshire, England. It is about 2 miles west of Malton.
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Swinton was located in Malton Rural District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Appleton le Street in the Rydale Wapentake.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Swinton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) described Swinton like this:
GENUKI, quoting a gazetteer of the 1820s, also mentioned a Chapel of Ease belonging to the Church of England. It would appear that this had disappeared by 1870. The Primitive Methodist Chapel was located on the main road and is now a private house.