- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Sugley from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "SUGLEY, a township in Newburn parish, Northumberland; on the river Tyne, 4 miles W of Newcastle. Population: 224. Houses: 44."
Sugley was a township in the ancient parish of Newburn and became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1935 it was considered a civil parish within the Urban District of Newburn, and in 1935 it was absorbed into the civil parish of Newburn itself. Newburn became part of the City of Newcastle upon Tyne in 1935.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.