Stratford is a town in Fulton County, New York, United States. The population was 610 at the 2010 census. The town was named after a community in Connecticut. The Town of Stratford is in the northwest part of the county and is northeast of the Village of Dolgeville.
The town comprises patents of various pre-Revolutionary grants, including part of the extensive land grants of Sir William Johnson. Settlement began around 1800 by settlers from Connecticut.
Part of the town was removed in 1842 to form part of the Town of Caroga.
The population of the town was 353 in 1810.