NOTE: Wikipedia lists another Sandholme in the East Riding of Yorkshire--west of Hull between Goole and Brough. The two places are not the same. Storkhill-with-Sandholme is not listed in Wikipedia, nor is it to be found on Google Earth. Tickton and its former parishes do not appear on the above map. From their co-ordinates it is to be assumed that Tickton is in the eastern reaches of what is described as Molescroft.
Storkhill-with-Sandholme was a civil parish from 1866-1935 and now forms part of the civil parish of Tickton. From 1894 until 1974 the area was part of the Beverley Rural District. It was in the ecclesiastical parish of Beverley in the wapentake of Harthill.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.