|Located in||Cheshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Merseyside, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Wirral (metropolitan borough), Merseyside, England||metropolitan borough in which it is now located|
|Wirral Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1933|
|Bebington, Cheshire, England||municipal borough it joined in 1933|
|Wirral (metropolitan borough), Merseyside, England||metropolitan borough covering most of the Wirral Peninsula since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Storeton was a township in Bebington ancient parish, in the Wirral hundred, which became a civil parish in 1866. It included the hamlet of Little Storeton. The population was 180 in 1801, 233 in 1851, 265 in 1901, and 325 in 1951. The 2001 census only recorded 150 inhabitants.
It was part of the Wirral Rural District from 1894 until 1933. In 1933 Wirral Rural District was abolished and Storeton became part of the newly organized Bebington Urban District (which, in 1937, became Bebington Municipal Borough).
In the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974 the entire Wirral Peninsula, with the exception of the municipal borough of Ellesmere Port and urban district of Neston at the southern end, became the Metropolitan Borough of the Wirral in the new administrative county of Merseyside.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Storeton.