Stoneferry (archaic Stone-Ferry, or Stone ferry) in is a suburb of Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It was formerly a small hamlet on the east bank of the River Hull, the site of a ferry, and, after 1905, a bridge. The area is primarily industrial, and is situated on the east bank of the river, as well as close by areas on the west bank.
Stoneferry Road (A1033 section) travels south through Stoneferry and Wilmington towards the centre of Hull. Ferry Lane (eastern end of the A1165) runs east for a short distance from Stoneferry bridge to meet Stoneferry Road.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Stoneferry. Sections on "History", and the sub-sections on "Industry" and "Bridges" may be of interest.
Stoneferry was originally a village in the civil parish of Sutton and Stoneferry. The parish was abolished in 1894 with the northern part absorbed by Wawne and the southern part becoming Sutton upon Hull, a suburb of the borough of Kingston-upon-Hull. Sutton-upon-Hull remained as an independent civil parish until 1935.