|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Buddlesgate Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Winchester Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1933|
|Wonston, Hampshire, England||parish into which it was absorbed in 1933|
|Winchester District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Stoke Charity from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "STOKE-CHARITY, a parish in Winchester [registration] district, Hants; near Micheldever [railway] station, and 6½ miles N of Winchester. Post town: Micheldever Station. Acres: 1,850. Real property: £1,595. Population: 130. Houses: 28. The manor belongs to Sir W. Heathcote. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value: £389. Patron: Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church ranges from Norman to later English."
Stoke Charity became a civil parish in Winchester Rural District in 1894. In 1933 the parish was abolished and the area absorbed into the neighbouring parish of Wonston. Since 1974 the area is covered by the Winchester District or Borough.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Stoke Charity, Hampshire, England | Buddlesgate Hundred, Hampshire, England | Winchester Rural, Hampshire, England | Wonston, Hampshire, England | Winchester District, Hampshire, England