- source: Family History Library Catalog
NOTE: There is another Eastburn near Driffield in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Steeton-with-Eastburn is a civil parish within the City of Bradford Metropolitan District, West Yorkshire, England. Historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, it had, according to the 2001 census, a population of 4277. The parish includes the villages of Steeton and Eastburn.
- end of Wikipedia contribution
From 1894 until 1938 Steeton-with-Eastburn was a civil parish within Keighley Rural District. When the rural district was abolished the parish was transferred to the neighbouring Skipton Rural District to the north. In 1974 when the West Riding of Yorkshire was divided between West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and the southwestern part of North Yorkshire, Steeton-with-Eastburn was absorbed into the Metropolitan Borough of Bradford. (source:Wikipedia article on Skipton Rural District)
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Steeton, West Yorkshire.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Eastburn, West Yorkshire.
- GENUKI on Steeton and Eastburn. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Kildwick provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Steeton.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Eastburn.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to four maps of the West Riding, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1888. The "Sanitary Districts (which preceded the rural districts) for the whole of the West Riding.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding South 1900. The rural and urban districts, not long after their introduction. (the southern part of Bradford, the southern part of Leeds, the southern part of Tadcaster Rural District, the southern part of Selby, Goole Rural District, and all the divisions of Halifax, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Doncaster, Barnsley, Rotherham and Sheffield)
- Ordnance Survey West Riding North 1900 The rural and urban districts, not long after their introduction. (rural districts of Sedbergh, Settle, Skipton, Pateley Bridge, Ripon, Knaresborough, Great Ouseburn, Clitheroe, Wharfedale, Wetherby, York, Bishopthorpe, Keighley, the northern part of Bradford, the northern part of Leeds, the northern part of Hunslet Urban District, the northern part of Tadcaster Rural District, the northern part of Selby Rural District)
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1944. The urban and rural districts of the whole of the West Riding after the revisions of 1935.