Staunton is now a village in the Forest of Dean District in Gloucestershire, England. It lies close to the village of Corse and is eight miles north of the city of Gloucester. To the south-west of Staunton is the River Leadon. It is on the A417 road.
Staunton has been a civil parish since 1894. In 1931 the village was transferred from Worcestershire to Gloucestershire.