- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Stanton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "STANTON, a township in Long Horsley parish, Northumberland; 5½ miles WNW of Morpeth. Acres: 2,254. Population: 112. Houses: 21. Coal and limestone are worked."
Stanton was a township in the ancient parish of Long Horsley and became a separate civil parish in 1866. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed into the parish of Netherwitton.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.