Place:Stanford Rivers, Essex, England

Watchers
NameStanford Rivers
Alt namesParva Stanfortsource: Domesday Book (1985) p 105
Stanford-Riverssource: Family History Library Catalog
Stanfortsource: Domesday Book (1985) p 105
TypeVillage, Civil parish
Coordinates51.685248°N 0.21727°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoOngar Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1955
Epping and Ongar Rural, Essex, England|rural district of which it was part 1955-1974
Epping Forest (district), Essex, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Stanford Rivers is a village and civil parish in the Epping Forest District of Essex, England. It is located southeast of Chipping Ongar, northwest of North Weald Bassett and southeast of Kelvedon Hatch.

The parish was part of the Ongar Rural District from 1894 until 1955, the Epping and Ongar Rural District from 1955 to 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Epping Forest District of Essex.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Stanford Rivers. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Fundraiser
Help fund new features!