Stamford Baron was a parish in Northamptonshire. It forms part of the town of Stamford, most of which lies on the north bank of the River Welland in Lincolnshire - Stamford Baron was the part of the town south of the Welland and therefore in Northamptonshire. The parish was also often known as Stamford Baron St Martin, after the parish church. The parish was split in 1894, with the rural parts becoming the parish of Stamford Baron St Martins Without, which remained in Northamptonshire (as part of the Soke of Peterborough), whilst the remainder of the parish was transferred to Lincolnshire. In 1930 the parish was abolished, merging with the other five Stamford parishes to form the civil parish of Stamford.