- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
St Mary le Strand was a civil parish in the metropolitan area of London, England. It took its name from the church of St Mary le Strand.
It was counted as a separate parish until 1549 and again from 1723. It was mostly within the Liberty of the Savoy and partly within the Liberty of Westminster.
It had a southern boundary with the River Thames.
It was grouped into the Strand District in 1855 when it came within the area of responsibility of the Metropolitan Board of Works.
In 1889 the parish became part of the County of London and in 1900 it became part of the Metropolitan Borough of Westminster. It was abolished as a civil parish in 1922.