Place:St John the Evangelist, Westminster, Middlesex, England

Watchers
NameSt John the Evangelist
Alt namesWestminster St John the Evangelistsource: Vision of Britain
TypeParish
Coordinates51.49597°N 0.127051°W
Located inWestminster, Middlesex, England
Also located inSt Margaret, Westminster, Middlesex, England     ( - 1727)

Research Tips

The parish of Westminster St John the Evangelist was created in 1727 from the southern part of the parish of Westminster St Margaret. The two parishes continued to share a vestry and were therefore considered to form one parish for some purposes. In 1889 they were transferred from Middlesex to the newly-created County of London. In 1900 they became part of the Westminster Metropolitan Borough. Westminster Metropolitan Borough was abolished in 1965, becoming part of the London Borough of the City of Westminster.