Place:St James Westminster, Middlesex, England

Watchers
NameSt James Westminster
Alt namesSt. James Picadillysource: Family History Library Catalog
St James Piccadillysource: Vision of Britain
TypeParish
Coordinates51.508722°N 0.136616°W
Located inMiddlesex, England
Also located inSt Martin in the Fields, Middlesex, England     ( - 1685)
Westminster, Middlesex, England    
London, England     (1889 - 1965)
Greater London, England     (1965 - present)
source: Family History Library Catalog


Research Tips

The parish of Westminster St James, or St James Piccadilly, was a parish in the Liberty of Westminster in the county of Middlesex, although it lay outside the boundaries of the Borough and City of Westminster. The parish was created in 1685 from part of the parish of St Martin in the Fields. In 1889 the parish was transferred from Middlesex to the newly-created County of London, and in 1900 it became part of the Westminster Metropolitan Borough. Westminster Metropolitan Borough was abolished in 1965, becoming part of the London Borough of the City of Westminster.