Place:St. Sepulchre, London, England

Watchers
NameSt. Sepulchre
Alt namesHoly Sepulchre without Newgatesource: Family History Library Catalog
St. Sepulchre without Newgatesource: Family History Library Catalog
St Sepulchre Holbornsource: Vision of Britain
TypeParish
Coordinates51.516648°N 0.102198°W
Located inLondon, England
Also located inLondon, London, England    
Middlesex, England    
See alsoFinsbury, Middlesex, EnglandCovered northern part of parish.
source: Family History Library Catalog
source: Family History Library Catalog


Research Tips

St Sepulchre, also known as St Sepulchre Holborn or St Sepulchre Newgate, is one of the ancient parishes of the City of London. The parish also extended beyond the City to include part of the neighbouring county of Middlesex. That part of the parish in Middlesex was transferred to the newly-created County of London in 1889 and became part of Finsbury Metropolitan Borough in 1900. Finsbury Metropolitan Borough was abolished in 1965, becoming part of the London Borough of Islington. The remainder of the parish stayed within the City of London.