Place:Lincoln St. Peter in Eastgate, Lincolnshire, England

NameLincoln St. Peter in Eastgate
Alt namesSt. Peter in Eastgate with St. Margaret's
TypeCivil parish
Located inLincolnshire, England     ( - 1907)
See alsoLincoln Registration District, Lincolnshire, England1837-1907
Lincoln, Lincolnshire, Englandcity to which civil registration was transferred

The civil parish of the church of St. Peter in Eastgate was abolished 1 April 1907 to become a part of the parish of the City of Lincoln.

Street address for the church Eastgate
Registers exist from1662 (St. Margaret's from 1538); consolidated from 1781
Merged with
Closedstill in use
Article in Wikipedia,_Lincoln
Article in GENUKI

Research Tips

English Jurisdictions 1851, a website produced by FamilySearch, provides a map of the various civil and ecclesiastical parishes of Lincoln. Simply enter "Lincoln" in the search box on the entry page and expand the area covered by the map by clicking "-" in the bottom right hand corner of the map. Choose "Civil Registration District" or "Hundred" to get a broad picture of the city of Lincoln.