St. Michael-Penkevil (Cornish: Pennkevyl), sometimes spelt St Michael Penkivel, is a village and civil parish in Cornwall, England. It is in the valley of the River Fal about three miles (5 km) southeast of Truro.
The church is close to Tregothnan in a wooded setting: it was built in the 13th and 14th centuries and well restored by G. E. Street in 1862. There are some fine monuments to members of the notable local family of Boscawen. The church contains the brass of John Trembras, rector of the parish, d. 1515, and others of John Trenowyth, 1498, Marie Coffin, née Boscawen, 1622, John Boscawen, d. 1564, engraved 1634.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.