Place:Lincoln St. Martin, Lincolnshire, England

NameLincoln St. Martin
Alt namesSt. Martin at Dernstallsource: GENUKI
TypeCivil parish
Located inLincolnshire, England     ( - 1907)
See alsoLincoln Registration District, Lincolnshire, England1837-1907
Lincoln, Lincolnshire, Englandcity to which civil registration was transferred

The civil parish of the church of St. Martin was abolished 1 April 1907 to become a part of the parish of the City of Lincoln.

Street address of the church originally St. Martin's Lane between the High Street and Hungate; new building on West Parade consecrated 1873
Registers began 1548
Merged St. Peter at Arches in 1931
Closed 1970
CemeteryCanwick Road Cemetery has served nine parishes since 1856. (Source: GENUKI)
Article in Wikipedianone
Article in GENUKI

Research Tips

English Jurisdictions 1851, a website produced by FamilySearch, provides a map of the various civil and ecclesiastical parishes of Lincoln. Simply enter "Lincoln" in the search box on the entry page and expand the area covered by the map by clicking "-" in the bottom right hand corner of the map. Choose "Civil Registration District" or "Hundred" to get a broad picture of the city of Lincoln.