Leicester anciently had only 6 parishes:
A Vision of Britain through Time describes Leicester St. Margaret as an ancient parish, a township and a civil parish (until 1896) when the civil parishes which were formerly ecclesiastical parishes were all absorbed into the County Borough of Leicester.
The chapelry of Knighton was part of the parish of Leicester St. Margaret.
GENUKI states that David MANN has transcribed the St. Margaret's Parish Church Marriages from 1837 - 1897. The full transcription is available from the Leicestershire and Rutland Family History Society on microfiche or CD ROM.