Place:Lincoln St. John in Newport, Lincolnshire, England

NameLincoln St. John in Newport
TypeCivil parish
Located inLincolnshire, England     ( - 1907)
See alsoLincoln Registration District, Lincolnshire, England1837-1907
Lincoln, Lincolnshire, Englandcity to which civil registration was transferred

The civil parish of the church St. John in Newport was abolished 1 April 1907 to become a part of the parish of the City of Lincoln.

Street address of the church"in the middle of the old Roman road" (Source: GENUKI)
Registers exist from1708
Merged with St. Nicholas in 1840
Closedstill in use
Article in Wikipedia
Article in GENUKI

Research Tips

English Jurisdictions 1851, a website produced by FamilySearch, provides a map of the various civil and ecclesiastical parishes of Lincoln. Simply enter "Lincoln" in the search box on the entry page and expand the area covered by the map by clicking "-" in the bottom right hand corner of the map. Choose "Civil Registration District" or "Hundred" to get a broad picture of the city of Lincoln.