Barford St. John was a chapelry or "chapel of ease" in the parish of Adderbury in Oxfordshire, England until 1866. It became a separate civil parish from 1866 until 1832 when it was absorbed into the larger parish of Barford St. John and St. Michael.
Barford St. John is a small village on the north bank of the River Swere, about 5 miles (8 km) south of Banbury. In the Middle Ages it was sometimes called Little Barford or North Barford to distinguish it from the larger village of Barford St. Michael on the opposite bank of the Swere. (Barford St. Michael was in Wootton Hundred.)
All sources save Wikipedia state that St. John's was a dependent chapelry of the parish church of Adderbury. The parish of St. John and St. Michael and that of Deddington and Hempton are now run as a single benefice.