The hamlet of St. Gennys is about seven miles (11.3 km) southwest of Bude. It is on high ground half-a-mile north of the coastal village of Crackington Haven, the major settlement in the parish. The only other settlements of any size in the parish are Middle Crackington and Higher Crackington both of which are southeast of Crackington Haven, half-a-mile and one mile distant respectively.
The population was 873 in the 2011 census. Several places in the parish are mentioned in the Domesday Book including Crackington (as Crachemua), Dizzard (as Disart) and St Gennys itself (as Sainguinas or Sanwinas).
Away from the coast, St. Gennys parish is entirely rural. It is bordered to the north by Poundstock parish, to the east by Jacobstow parish, to the south by Otterham and St. Juliot parishes. To the west, St. Gennys is bounded by the Atlantic coast where Cornwall's highest cliff (appropriately named High Cliff) rises 735 feet (224 m) above the rocky foreshore.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.