St. Clement (Cornish: Moresk) is a civil parish and village in Cornwall, England. It is situated southeast of Truro in the valley of the Tresillian River. There is a smaller village at Malpas in the south of the parish.
St Clement is attractive for tourists: aside from the natural beauty of the surrounding countryside they come to see the village church and its associated conservation projects that are maintained by members of the local community. Unlike some other villages in the district, the village of St Clement has changed very little in recent times.
St. Clement Rural Civil Parish
The civil parish of St. Clement Rural was created from part of St. Clement Civil Parish in 1894 to serve the outer parts of the area. It was abolished in 1934 and the parish was divided between St Clement Civil parish and Truro Civil Parish, with St. Clement receiving by far the larger share.
St. Clement Recreated
In 1934 the civil parishes of St. Clement, St. Clement Rural and St. Erme were merged under the name St. Clement.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.