|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Oxfordshire, England|
|See also||Pyrton Hundred, Oxfordshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Thame Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Bullingdon Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1932-1954|
|Lewknor, Oxfordshire, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1954|
|South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
South Weston is now a village in Lewknor civil parish, about 4.5 miles (7 km) south of Thame in Oxfordshire. There are about 19 households in the parish.
South Weston is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 and the Hundred Rolls of 1279. Both then and later in the Middle Ages, the parish's farming interests overlapped with those of neighbouring Wheatfield.
South Weston was a separate parish until 1954 when it was abolished and the area absorbed into Lewknor civil parish.
Categories: Oxfordshire, England | South Weston, Oxfordshire, England | Pyrton Hundred, Oxfordshire, England | Thame Rural, Oxfordshire, England | Bullingdon Rural, Oxfordshire, England | Lewknor, Oxfordshire, England | South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, England