Place:South Precinct, Dutchess, New York, United States

Watchers


NameSouth Precinct
TypeUnknown
Coordinates42.266667°N 74.25°W
Located inDutchess, New York, United States

In 1737, the Colonial Assembly designated the Philipse Patent as the South Precinct of Dutchess County, and the Philipses began leasing farms to immigrants from Massachusetts, Connecticut, Long Island and lower Westchester. After Adolph Philipse's death, the Patent was divided in 1754 into nine lots granted to three heirs: Mary Philipse, Philip Philipse, and Susannah Philipse Robinson.

Fundraiser
Help fund new features!