Village of South Olive
South Olive is an unincorporated village and historically was a post village in the southeastern part of the township of Olive, county of Noble, state of Ohio, United States of America. It is situated along Duck Creek, in the northwest quarter of section 36 of township 6, range 9 (1st Congressional Survey).
The village of South Olive was surveyed and platted by David Miller on 13 August 1871, for the proprietor, Welton B. Ostrander. The original plat contained thirteen lots. Four additions were made by William Kirkbride, increasing the number of lots to forty-five.
The first building erected was the railroad depot, and in it W.D. Guilbert opened the first store. The next was erected by Rice & Martin and occupied as a grocery store. The post office was established with W.D. Guilbert as the first postmaster. The Methodist Protestant church was erected in 1881 at a cost of about $600, on a lot donated by William Kirkbride.