|Alt names||Tibeslei||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 124|
|Furze Hill||source: hamlet in parish|
|Mockbeggar||source: hamlet in parish|
|South Gorley||source: hamlet in parish|
|Type||Chapelry, Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Fordingbridge Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Ringwood Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Harbridge and Ibsley, Hampshire, England||civil parish into which it merged in 1932|
|Ringwood and Fordingbridge Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1932-1974|
|New Forest District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Ibsley is a village in Hampshire, England. It is about 2.5 miles (4 km) north of the town of Ringwood to the east of the River Avon on the main road between Ringwood and Fordingbridge.
Ibsley was a civil parish until 1932, when the parish was amalgamated with the parish of Harbridge to become Harbridge and Ibsley parish within Ringwood and Fordingbridge Rural District. In 1974 the joint parish joined with Ellingham in the New Forest District of Hampshire. The hamlets of South Gorley, Furze Hill, and Mockbeggar were all part of Ibsley parish.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Ibsley.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on Ibsley.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Ibsley, Hampshire, England | Fordingbridge Hundred, Hampshire, England | Ringwood Rural, Hampshire, England | Harbridge and Ibsley, Hampshire, England | Ringwood and Fordingbridge Rural, Hampshire, England | New Forest District, Hampshire, England