South Glens Falls is a village in Saratoga County, New York, United States. The population was 3,368 at the 2000 census. The village is in the northern part of the Town of Moreau, south of the City of Glens Falls.
Cooper's Cave, shown on the village seal, is named after the author, James Fenimore Cooper. Cooper was inspired to use the area as a location in his novel, The Last of The Mohicans, after visiting the area.
In the late Woodland period, the area was considered to be the winter hunting grounds for the Mohawk and Algonquian tribes. Slowly, the area became attractive to settlement as good were transported through the "Great Carry" (now Route 9), between Glens Falls and Fort Edward.
In 1766, the Daniel Parks family was the first family to settle in to the area after receiving of land, on which they built a house and a saw mill. By the mid-1830s, the settlement boasted saw mills, a grist mill, a cotton mill and a quarry as well as a dock to facilitate commerce.
The Village was formally incorporated in 1895 as a result of an effort to form a public water system.