Place:South Glengarry, Glengarry, Ontario, Canada

Watchers
NameSouth Glengarry
TypeMunicipality
Coordinates45.2°N 74.6°W
Located inGlengarry, Ontario, Canada     (1998 - )
Also located inStormont Dundas and Glengarry, Ontario, Canada    


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

South Glengarry is a township in eastern Ontario, Canada on the Saint Lawrence River in the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry.

The township was created on 1 January 1998, by amalgamating the townships of Charlottenburgh and Lancaster with the independent village of Lancaster.

The map of Glengarry County circa 1951 from Ontario Archives locates the communities and physical features of the county. (Click at the bottom of the page to see the map enlarged.)

A sketchmap from Ontario GenWeb gives a more visible outline of the townships.

Research Tips

To avoid confusion, the modern-day administrative areas formed from historical townships and previously incorporated towns and villages are described here as municipalities.

Most family history material will be found under the names of the original townships.

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at South Glengarry, Ontario. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.